DatePicker Input

Has anyone implemented a Date Picker Input field?

0 Likes

New-UDElement -Id ‘date’ -Tag ‘input’ -Attributes @{
type = “date”
id = “date”
value = “”
}

So I got this showing but how can I set the Value attribute to grab the value of the date picker?? or this not possible?

0 Likes

You can use New-UDInput to create a datepicker but I don’t think you’ll be able to do it with New-UDElement.

Here’s an example of how we use it in the integration tests:https://github.com/ironmansoftware/universal-dashboard/blob/master/src/UniversalDashboard.UITest/Integration/Input.Tests.ps1#L151

0 Likes

@adam, question, is there any way to change this behavior? after a date is selected, and you call the date picker again, a date of 1918 is shown :wink:

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the JavaScript library we are using for this. I have this slated for 3.0 at the moment but if I can fix it earlier, I will.

0 Likes

AWESOMENESS! thanks @adam !

0 Likes

Hey @adam, noticed this since upgrading to UD 2.3.2 ENT, the date picker now flashes and doesn’t allow users to select a data.

Sample code:

$Dash = New-UDDashboard -Title "Test Dash..." -Content {

New-UDInput -Title "Select Range (DAY/MONTH/YEAR)" -Id "DateForm" -Content {
    New-UDInputField -Type 'date' -Name 'DateFrom' -Placeholder 'FROM:' -DefaultValue "01-01-2019"
    New-UDInputField -Type 'date' -Name 'DateTo' -Placeholder 'TO:'-DefaultValue "01-02-2019"

} -Endpoint {
    param(
        $DateFrom,
        $DateTo
    )

}

} 

Start-UDDashboard -Port 8091 -Dashboard $Dash
0 Likes

I had a report of this happening from one of my users. If they try to click into the field, it flashes and doesn’t allow them to pick a date.

If you tab into it, it works normally.

However, i am unable to reproduce this issue on my computer.

0 Likes

I’m seeing this on my machine with 2.4 installed. It’s strange because it’s not failing that particular integration test on the builder. I noticed that if I right click rather than left click it stays open. Very weird.

0 Likes

I had similar issues running 2.3.2. Seems to only be a problem in Chrome for me. Internet Explorer and Firefox seems fine.

0 Likes

yup weird stuff experiencing this in chrome, and ie, the right click opens the picker but hides the controls in the bottom left… strange

0 Likes