“Get-UAIdentity” never displays the “role” property of an identity
“Set-UAIdentity” never update changed “role” property of an identity
“AppToken Connection Information” tab shows ComputerName-URI without port number
“.ua” meta data folder appears again on “Scripts” tab
Correct and working “Git Remote Configuration” not shown in “Git details” tab.
Changing the Identitiy property name creates either an exception (deleting an Identity works) or no error but changes ignored/unsaved.
One object is called “ClaimsPrincipal”, a second: “ClaimsPrinciple” (both are identical and of type “ClaimsPrincipal”).
Hardcoded filepath in LogConfiguration.cs (part of UniversalAutomation.dll), the value = “C:\Users\adamr\Desktop\log.txt” -> New user dir gets created
The current version looks more solid and stable. Product is on a very good way.
I had some success pushing towards real-world, productive UA/UD-usage at my company.
So my team and me have atleast a real chance to really build: infrastructure, services, tools, etc. on top of UA,UD (and PoSH in general). Which may or may not result in a (full/bigger) business automation platform.
- We convinced some non-tech, anti-open source IT managers/directors that UA is worth a try,
even though it’s open source, doesn’t cost > $200.000 license costs a year and isnt the typical overpriced, uncompleted, untested vaporware they usually buy.
- And we persuaded the head of IT infrastructure to rollout “Windows Management Framework 5.1” to older servers and to establish a standardized HTTPs WinRM-listener on all the servers we need to manage.
I know that doesnt sound noteworthy to most professionals working in an Windows enviroment.
But only 20 of our 200 servers, had WMF5.1, PowerShell versions were really outdated on > 90% of
the system we have to manage/customize. WinRM-listener were unheard of, to advanced for our unqualified Windows admins. (Most believe in manual labor, RDP into a machine for any trivial task and doing nothing, so they wont break something.)
So with change and now being able to integrate these old legacy servers,
which typically have a high failure rate, minimal to no monitoring and no integration into the current central
IT systems and processes into an UA/UD-plattform over the whole (unintegrated, fragmented) IT eco-system company wide, with the all different windows domains, locations, sub-companies, firewall-rules, GPOs, sub contractors, out-sourced sub-systems, project specific super stupid or legacy
setups, that alone is pure gold to my team. We will save so many time and nerves.
Gaining this accessibility, finally opens the door so we can use PoSH and do the integrations & automations we want to do with UA. (And not just talk about it, only complain about the current bad state of our IT or forever test other state-of-the-art software in some lame Test-VM setup, that has no resemblance to our
situation or requirements.)
I wrote a (small) helper module for UA users, I will release that in early Januar. It helps manage creds,
configuration/global variables, module invocation and has some helper functions to support UA usage (updating release, managing multiple dashboard configurations, deployment and publishing, detecting and stopping froozen instances, …). Nothing special.
I didn’t have much time for UA the last week, because I volunteer fulltime for the “Critical Decentralisation
Cluster” at the Chaos Communication Congress (36c3). Full build-up from empty exhibition hall, to
complete setup to empty exhibition hall, after tear-down, 16 days.